Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Greatest "Steal"

Quite possibly one of the most satisfying chocolate chip cookies comes from our friends at the Double Tree Hotel. I'm not sure if all Double Trees offer these exquisite OVEN WARMED chocolate chip-walnut cookies, but I know the Santa Monica location does :) . And I frequent this place WAAAY too often. It's one of those insider things where unless you've stayed there, you probably don't know about the unlimited supply of cookies they have in an oven at the front desk!!!!

While most people would only indulge while being a hotel guest, I just show up randomly on the weekends and ask for some cookies and they(probably thinking I'm a guest b/c what kind of loony would walk in and ask for free cookies if they aren't staying there? Answer: ME!) just happily hand me a few cookies and I go on my way out the door, unsuspectingly. :)

These cookies have a nutty taste, crunchy outer w/ a softer inner, and the chocolate chips are melted and all ooey-gooey deliciousness. These are quite heavy/buttery feeling, so their good to have if your on an empty stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment